Gary S. Fentin, of Conway, MA, a partner in Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin, P.C., concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial finance and real estate, industrial revenue bonds, and affordable housing development and finance. He manages the firm’s tax-exempt bond practice and has acted as bond counsel and/or purchaser’s counsel in hundreds of such issues since 1978. He is a graduate of Boston College Law School (1969), Boston University where he earned a Master of Laws in Taxation (1983) and Duke University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts (1966). Attorney Fentin also completed an Intensive Mediation Workshop at Harvard Law School (2002). He has been repeatedly selected to the Super Lawyers list and The Best Lawyers in America© list in recognition of his professional success.
- Harvard Law School, Intensive Mediation Workshop, 2002
- Boston University, LL.M. in Taxation, 1983
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1969; Order of the Coif; Editor, Boston College Law Review
- Duke University, Durham, A.B., 1966
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Admitted to Practice
- New York
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year in Banking and Financial Law and Commercial Transactions/Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Law, 2024
- Best Lawyers® in America, 2013 - 2024
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Hampden County and Massachusetts Bar Associations
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- “Condominiums — Representing the Parties when the Party’s Over — From a Lender’s Perspective,” MCLE, 1991
- “Real Property Foreclosures,” National Business Institute, 1991 (Co-author)
- Part Performance Under UCC Sections 2-201 and 8-319, 10 BC Ind. & Com. L. Rev 413 (1968)
- Former Board Member, Boston Foundation for Sight, Inc.
- Former Member, Conway, MA Housing Committee and Finance Committee
- Former President, Friends of WFCR, Inc.