The Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin bankruptcy team provides counseling and representation encompassing all areas of business and personal bankruptcy*, workout and reorganization, representing:
Bankruptcy, Reorganization and Workout
- Debtors in commercial and consumer Chapter 7, 11, and 13 cases
- Secured lenders in workout and reorganization cases for all types of businesses, such as manufacturing facilities, retail operations, hotels, office facilities, restaurants and service businesses
- Individuals with asset protection issues
- Lenders and borrowers in workouts and debt restructuring
- Unsecured Creditors’ Committees
- Purchasers and sellers of notes and loan documents
- Litigants before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, including objections to discharge and dischargeability, stay relief, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions
- Foreclosures of commercial and residential real estate and personal property
- Commercial collection actions in state and federal courts, including pre-judgment remedies and injunctive relief
The bankruptcy and reorganization practice is managed and supervised by Attorney Steven Weiss, one of the leading bankruptcy practitioners in the region.
*Although we strive to find non-bankruptcy resolutions to financial problems, we do, in appropriate cases, assist people in filing for bankruptcy relief, and are considered to be a debt relief agency under the Bankruptcy Code.