Attorney Mark J. Esposito, a resident of Northampton, joined the firm in 2017 and has a wide-ranging, litigation-focused practice. He represents clients in general, commercial and probate litigation, labor and employment matters, administrative law, and criminal cases. He has counseled various public sector labor unions and employees in collective bargaining, arbitration and litigation, and represents clients in state and federal courts as well as before administrative agencies. A summa cum laude graduate of Boston University School of Law, Mark was a member and Note Editor of the Boston University Law Review. Prior to law school, he graduated magna cum laude from Williams College, where he was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa society.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D. (summa cum laude), 2008 Boston University Law Review, Note Editor (2007 – 2008), member (2006 – 2007)
- Williams College, B.A. (magna cum laude), 2005; member, Phi Beta Kappa Society
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star Award, 2018
- Joseph Tauro, Paul J. Liacos and Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar, 2005–2008
- Alumni Academic Achievement Award, 2008
- Peter Bennett Prize, 2008
- Daniel J. Dowd Scholarship, 2007–2008
- Eight Dean's Awards, 2005–2008
- Robert C.L. Scott Prize in History, 2005
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Farrah v. Gondella, 725 F. Supp. 2d 238 (D. Mass., 2010)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 38 MLC 339 (H.O., 2012)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 39 MLC 213 (H.O., 2013), affirmed 39 MLC 366 (2013)
- City of Lawrence and Lawrence Patrolmen’s Association, 39 MLC 291 (H.O., 2013)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 40 MLC 55 (H.O., 2013)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 40 MLC 384 (H.O., 2014)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 40 MLC 402 (H.O., 2014)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 40 MLC 420 (H.O., 2014)
- Boston School Committee and Boston Teachers Union, 43 MLC 36 (H.O., 2016)
- Rivet v. City of Lawrence and Human Resources Division, 28 MCSR 454 (2015), 29 MCSR 234 (2016)
- Human Rights Committee, Work Opportunity Center, Inc.
News & Speaking Engagements
- Attorney Mark J. Esposito to speak at 21st Annual Estate Planning Conference
- "Enforcement of Contracts During a Public-Health Emergency," BusinessWest, April 2020
- Attorney Mark J. Esposito presents "Demystifying Psychoeducational Assessment and Massachusetts Special Education Laws"
- Attorney Mark J. Esposito named to Human Rights Committee for Work Opportunity Center, Inc.