Eight of the firm’s attorneys have been selected for inclusion in 2013 Super Lawyers. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Now in its tenth year of publication, the Super Lawyers list recognizes attorneys who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice determined through a rigorous selection process and third-party validation of their professional accomplishments.
The objective of the Super Lawyers selection process is to create a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys that can be used as a resource to assist attorneys and sophisticated consumers in the search for legal counsel. The following Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin, P.C., attorneys have been named as 2013 Super Lawyers:
- Michele J. Feinstein, Longmeadow, MA – in the field of closely held business law
- Gary S. Fentin, Conway, MA – in the field of bonds and government finance law
- Carol C. Klyman, Westhampton, MA – in the field of elder law
- Timothy P. Mulhern, Longmeadow, MA – in the field of tax law
- Steven J. Schwartz, Longmeadow, MA – in the field of business and corporate law
- Stephen A. Shatz, Stockbridge, MA – in the field of real estate law
- Ann (Ami) I. Weber, Granville, MA – in the field of elder law
- Steven Weiss, Longmeadow, MA – in the field of bankruptcy law
Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin, P.C. is also pleased to announce that two attorneys have been selected as 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars. In 1998, Super Lawyers launched Rising Stars in Minnesota to recognize the top up-and-coming attorneys in the state — those who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing for 10 years or fewer. Today, Rising Stars honors attorneys in more than thirty-five states. The following Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin, P.C. attorneys have been named as 2013 Massachusetts Rising Stars:
- L. Alexandra Hogan, Chicopee, MA – in the field of bankruptcy law
- David K. Webber, Amherst, MA – in the field of closely held business law
To be selected as a Rising Star, an attorney must be nominated by other lawyers who have personally observed them in action, either as opposing counsel or co-counsel, or through other firsthand courtroom observation. The nominated lawyers are ranked by points; those with the highest point totals are named to the Rising Stars list. To ensure a diverse and well-balanced list, the research staff considers factors such as firm size, practice area and geographic location. No more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state are named to the list.
Super Lawyers will spotlight the Shatz, Schwartz, and Fentin, P.C., attorneys selected for inclusion in the list in the November 2013 issues of the New England Super Lawyers Magazine that reaches more than 68,000 attorneys and in Boston magazine, which reaches more than 650,000 readers.Additionally, the April 2014 edition of Boston magazine will feature The Top Women Attorneys in Massachusetts recognized as part of the Super Lawyers list. All Shatz, Schwartz, and Fentin, P.C., female attorneys included in the Super Lawyers list and Rising Stars list will be featured as part of The Top Women Attorneys in Massachusetts.